Tuesday, February 24, 2009

We-odd-a-Baby, Eats-a-Boy!!

So We-odd-a-Baby, Eats-a-Boy!! (we had a baby, it's a boy) for those of you who remember the old commercial.
It's a Baby!
(and a mom)

Born: Jared Allen Eugene Weeks named after dad and both grandpa's, noone has bragging rights. we got them all in one.
Gave Birth: Julianna Marie Casemira Weeks
Date: February 18, 2009
Weight: Baby's: 8lbs 12oz Mom's: Let's see: She's eating 500 extra calories a day for breastfeeding, plus half a pund of chocolate to stay awake, Plus all the fantastic food that people have been bringing over. You do the math.
Eyes: Baby's: Blue Mom's: BloodShot
Hair: Baby's: Brown Mom's: Unwashed and Unbrushed since last Tuesday.
Length: Practically forever- at least 13 hours of labor, not to mention 'induced labor', so 6 hours of labor with patosin, 1 hour of labor after the water was broken, (then gave into the epidural). It lastedfor 2.5 hours, than started to wear off. so 3 hours of full blown labor. And as I'm told that i'm a big 9 almost 10 cm dialated (10 is fully dialated), I'm also told that the kid hadn't dropped into the birth canal any further than when I was at 6 cm. The nurse than asks how I feel about a c-section. (so much for as natural as possible). So 10 hours of full labor, 3 hours of epidural labor, and now I'm being wheeled into the OR for a C-section. They put something in the epidural that is suppose to make me numb, but it doesn't work. so they have to sit me up and remove the epidural and put in the spinal, all on the OR table. So the beautiful spinal kicks in. I shake through the entire operation. Dad (Mark) barely makes it into the OR to see Baby Jared's 2nd shoulder come out. Tuns out my hips and pelvis are too flat and small to do natural child birth. So when the doctor opened me up he didn't have to pull Jared's head outta my pelvis, he justhad to lift Jared out. So we were in the Hospital till Sunday afternoon. Oh, and Jared was 21 inches long.

Sex: Never again. but then again, he is adorable!!


3 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats on the baby! He is cute! Glad to hear everything went ok, not the way you hoped but everyone is healthy!

moriah said...

So precious. I have a tear in my eye. I hope you are getting the help and rest you need. Being a mother is the greatest blessing. To instantly love someone so much and then to love them even more everyday is surely divine. Keep posting pictures if you have a moment.

Val said...

Congrats Julianna, he is cute and may I say looks alot like your dad. I think you should have about 7 more babies. How sweet he is and I hope your trying to rest and taking some time for yourself.